Giving Thanks  

Posted by Colleen

Thanksgiving. Traditionally, a time to gather with family and friends to give thanks for all the blessings we have received in the recent year. It is still a time to share a table with loved ones and to share God's bounty. But traditions evolve and so I find myself give thanks in a new way today.

I have been blessed, during the past year and a half, to meet and get to know some remarkable people. Some of them remain "on-line friends" but many others have become the dearest of friends in real life. I know I would never have met them in another place and time. They live across this country and around the planet. Because of them, my world has gotten a little bit smaller and my life has become far richer. And for this, I give thanks.

So why here? What does this have to do with Jason Castro? It is simply because, for whatever reason, we all saw a man, an artist, that struck a special chord in us. He is our common thread.

And so Jason, I do give thanks for you. While you were following your own path, lives were being changed, and for the better. I know mine has been.

I wish all of you the happiest of times. Appreciate every moment. I love each and every one of you.

Colleen


(Such. a. sap.)

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 26, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

6 comments

Anonymous  

I woke up to this message. Wow! Thank you for saying what I feel but never find the right words to say.
I'm thankful for all my friends who I would not have met without the music of Jason.
Kitty

I echo your feelings, Colleen. Love to you all on this day of Thanksgiving. <3

you speak what is on my heart.

thank you all for being my friend.

This comment has been removed by the author.

Colleen, you always have such a beautiful way of writing in words exactly how I feel... Although we are still "online friend" I'm sure this won't be for much longer! Bring on the GGs convention I'll be there!! hahaha

Muah Selina

Donna  

You worded that so perfectly Colleen. Thank you. I feel exactly the same way. It was nice to meet you at The Grove & glad I had a chance to have a few laughs/drinks with some very cool Jason followers. A valuable lesson was learned that night: remember to always have photos taken from above even if that means the waiter has to stand on a chair. You are awesome & I love the GG site. See ya in 2010!